We can all remember those awkward tween and middle school years: Unpredictable moods. Changing bodies. Awkward social interactions. No longer a child but not yet an adult. Adolescence can be awkward or even uncomfortable for a young girl, especially since body changes can occur as young as 8 and 9 years of age. Moms know the frustrations that can come with choosing the right undergarments for a growing daughter. Undergarments for tweens can often be either too childish or too sexy.
What selections are out there when your tween girl is beyond polka dots but not yet ready for lace?
As parents embark on back-to-school shopping here are some tips on undergarment selection. Because when our girls are comfortable, they are confident.
Before You Start Shopping
Listen to your daughter’s requests. Let her know that you understand her needs because you’ve been in her shoes.
Share with her that a growing and changing body is normal and to embrace that we all come in different shapes, sizes and skin tones.
Here are some guidelines to help you better understand the different styles needed for various stages of development.
Cami – For the “pre-budding” girl who needs to start layering.
• Super light-weight with stretch
• For layering under uniforms, shirts, blouses, sweaters
Bralette – For the “budding” girl.
• A double-layered front offers nice coverage
• Slides allow for strap extension during growth spurts
• A thinner elastic band allows a snug fit without too much constriction around the ribcage
Sportlette – For the active “budding” girl.
• A double-layer front offers nice coverage
• Thicker snug elastic fit with racer-back styling for maximum compression
The First Bra – For the “blossoming” girl.
• For maximum comfort, look for garments without underwire or push-up effect.
• Minimal padding and full coverage has more natural silhouette
• Measure under the breast and add 4” for accurate sizing
About Aida Yodites
Inspired by the needs of her daughter, Aida Yodites, created Delicate Seams, a modest apparel line that bridges the gap between young girl and young lady.
Delicate Seams is a thoughtful undergarment collection that promotes modesty and celebrates young girls of all shapes, sizes, body types and skin tones.
Yodites is a marketing professional and single-mother of 2, who resides in the beautiful Temecula Valley.
Learn more at https://delicateseams.com or find the line at Amazon.com.
Follow Delicate Seams: